Thursday, March 24, 2011

"I wanna be weaker so I can be a help to the strong"

I have always been told "Jen, you're so strong!"

I often wonder if when we try to rely on our own strength that's not absolutely the epitome of pride. I think this because when we are finally forced on our knees it is simply admitting to our sovereign Lord that we were never in charge, and it was never our strength that got us through to begin with.

I often rely on my own strength. So, along with giving up control, learning what it means to truly love, and understanding how the body of Christ should operate, I am going to try and figure how to really rely on his strength for the first time in my life. It would be nice not to be so full of pride and self reliance that it takes a act of God, literally, to get me on my knees.

I think it is ironic that David was so full of pride, but he speaks over and over in Psalms about relying on the strength of his God...(Psalms 18.1,Psalms 28:7, Psalms 46:1, Psalms 73,26 and on and on) I love Psalms 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail but GOD is the strength of my heart."

What faith David boasted! What a man after God's own heart.

I want to be boastful in the things of my most sovereign Lord. I want to radiate his power, and I want to do this because it is for his glory. So much so, that people see him only, and there is nothing but the Holy Spirit doing the Father's work.

Sounds easy enough, right? Have ya meet me???

No comments:

Post a Comment