Saturday, March 12, 2011

EAGRLY SEEK??

What does it mean to "eagerly seek" the things of Christ and why should we? I have been in prayer and meditation for the better part of the morning trying to figure this out. I realize that this is a never ending process. Also, my motivation for doing so was off. But if deep down your desire is to please the Father, I feel like he weeds through those emotions to show you truth in a situation.

I took a look back at 1 Corinthians 12 and Romans 12, about the body of Christ, and how we all have different parts, but we are one body.

First and foremost, I needed to know that I was not the mayor of crazy town, because that's how I was feeling. Gods word, as it should, has a way of calming you down because it is now HIS truth magnified for his glory in you. not yours.

It is my job to allow God to change me to be one with the things that HE has called me to do. It is NOT my job to try and change someone else. I alone have no power to do so. I must realize that God changing and burning me from the inside out will provoke change in whoever HE chooses for HIM to do so. It will NOT be ignored for it is not me. It is the Holy Spirit.

So burn, baby, burn.

2 comments:

  1. Feeling the fire on this one my fend. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Matt! the best ones in my opinion, are the ones that take 2min to write.

    ReplyDelete